An elegiac summoning enacted through dance, Eternal Performance is one channel of an enduring dialogue with artist, collaborator, and friend Xenia Dwertmann.
- The holy spirit is a realm beyond the ability of words to properly convey. It must be experienced, realized, and kindled within like a holy fire.
- It’s presence obtains the past and future.
- In order to experience it, we must pay attention to an expanded present.
- We are two limbs of a greater body.
- We are creating an opening for it to emerge within and through this shared body.
- The opening is achieved through an internal, emotional choreography that extends outward into the environment.
- The dance is a commitment to the reception of it.
- Once the dance has been activated, the opening continues eternally.
- The dancing is the practice of amplifying the opening.
- To be activated / amplified, the dance requires at least one witness.
- The witness can exist through any means, but it must be identified.
- It is through the relationship between the dancing and the witness that the opening occurs.
- Notwithstanding how often we practice the dance, the Eternal Performance is continually happening.
- However, a regular practice makes an occurrence of it more likely.
Note: Presence is a muscle.